University Housing offers housing for domestic partnerships in Family Housing. Please contact the Central Housing Office if you have any questions and/or requests.
Central Housing Office
Campus Box 1056
Edwardsville, IL 62026-1056
In order to qualify for Domestic Partnership Housing, two individuals (one must be either SIUE student/faculty/staff) would need to be in accordance with the following criteria:
- Be each other's sole domestic partner and intend to remain so indefinitely.
- Neither can be married.
- Each must be at least 18 years of age and mentally competent to consent to contract.
- May be not related by blood to a degree of closeness which would prohibit legal marriage (in the state in which you legally reside).
- Be jointly responsible for each other's common welfare and share financial obligations. Joint responsibility for each other's common welfare and shared financial obligations may be demonstrated by the existence of three (3) of the following items.
- Domestic Partnership Agreement
- Joint mortgage or lease
- Designation of domestic partner as beneficiary for life insurance
- Designation of domestic partner as beneficiary for retirement contract
- Designation of domestic partner as primary beneficiary in student/faculty/staff's will or of student/faculty/staff in domestic partner's will
- Durable property and healthcare powers of attorney
- Joint ownership of a motor vehicle
- Joint checking account
- Joint credit account
If you and your partner meet the above criteria and are interested in Domestic Partnership housing, please contact the Central Housing Office at 618-650-3931 or via e-mail,
firstname.lastname@example.org for the proper paperwork.