- The Cougar Village Commons Building is located in the middle of the Cougar Village 500 side. The information desk, laundry room, lounge with projection TV, snack and drink machines, computer lab, Commons Grill, and mailroom on are located in the Commons.
- Commons Hours for August - May are:
- Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - Midnight
- Friday: 8 a.m. - 1 a.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. - 1 a.m.
- Sunday: 10 a.m. - Midnight
- The Commons Grill carries a selection of convenience store items, snacks, and has a full service grill with a quick, tasty menu. Meal plan participants may use their meal plan at the Commons Grill. Located in the Commons Building, the hours are as follows:
- Monday - Friday: 11 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- Saturday - Sunday: Noon - 6 p.m.
Wireless Internet available and in-room data jacks for free campus network access
- Residents may access the SIUE wireless network. Choose SIUE-WIFI from your "available wireless networks". Open a browser and log-in using your e-ID username and password.
- Data jacks are available for each resident to connect a personal computer to the campus network.
- If you need help getting connected to the SIUE network, contact the Student Technology Center at 650-5500 for free assistance.
Expanded basic cable and the University Housing movie channel, UHTV-2.1
- All units are equipped with a cable jack. Expanded digital cable service is included in the University Housing contract payment. Premium channels must be ordered and customers service questions should be directed to charter at (888) 438‑2427. Residents with televisions connected to cable service will receive UHTV-2.1, the University Housing cable access channel. Follow these directions for information about connecting your TV. TVs must be equipped with a QAM tuner to receive digital cable service.
- One active telephone jack is provided in each unit. Residents must bring their own telephones. Private lines are available to residents for an additional cost. Campus calls are made by dialing the last four digits of the phone number. All off-campus calls must be made using a calling card. A calling card plan (STAN) is available through SIUE. More information is available online at siue.edu/its.
All utilities are included (water, gas, electric).
Bicycle Fix-It station (Cougar Village, Evergreen Hall, Woodland Hall)
- Laundries are available in the Commons Building and in the basement of the buildings 405 and 429.
- The cost is $1 per wash and $1.25 per dryer cycle. A debit account many be established at the Service Center or at the CVST machine in the laundry room. The debit account allow use of payment from your Cougar Card (student I.D. card). Laundry soap is available for purchase on site.
- All contracted Housing residents with a vehicle on campus are required to obtain a Cougar Village parking permit from Parking Services to park in the area reserved for students. Resident must have a parking hang tag displayed on the rearview mirror of his/her vehicle before the beginning of the second week of classes.
- Madison Country Transit buses run a free shuttle from Cougar Village to the campus core throughout the week. Bus schedules are available at the Commons Building Information Desk or online at mct.org.