In case of serious injury or illness at SIUE, observe the following procedures:
- Contact University Police by dialing 911.
- Give your name, describe the nature and severity of the medical problem and the location of the victim. Provide as much information as possible regarding the nature of the injury or illness and whether or not the victim is conscious, etc.
- Do not move the injured except for protection from further injury.
- Stay with the victim until the police and/or ambulance arrive.
- If blood is present, contact Facilities Management; do not attempt to clean the area yourself as specialized handling is required.
- Flush any chemical and/or fire burns with water or immerse the affected area in cold water if possible.
FOR AFTER HOURS CARE
Walgreen's TakeCare Clinic
2 Cottonwood Rd, Glen Carbon IL 618-288-4684
Hours: M-F 8am-7:30pm Sat 9am-4:30pm Sun 10am-5pm
Anderson Express Care
17 Ginger Creek Meadows, Glen Carbon IL 618-656-9777
Hours: Everyday 10am-8 pm Holidays 9am-5pm
Anderson Hospital Emergency Room
6800 State Route 162, Maryville IL 618-288-5711