To make an appointment, please call 618-650-2842 or login to COUGARCARE.SIUE.EDU.
Choose a service on the left to view more information about it or read below.
- Care for an acute illness
- Physical exams for sports, jobs, and practicums
- STI concerns and treatment
- Referrals if needed
- Consultation for physical health concerns
- Order for lab work if needed
- Urinary symptoms
- Breast Concerns
- Wellness concerns
- Evaluation and treatment for gynecological concerns including:
- Contraceptive management (for Depo-provera see below)
- Emergency contraception (prescription required if under 17 years of age)
- STI screening, treatment, and advice
- Pelvic/vaginal symptoms evaluation and treatment
- Delayed or irregular periods
- PAP smear (starting at age 21)
- Depo-provera shots are provided in the immunization clinic. Requirements include:
- An appointment must be scheduled in advance for all Depo-Provera injections. A Women’s Health appointment is needed for those starting Depo for the first time. A Nurse only appointment is needed for women already on Depo with a prescription.
- The following requirements must be met for continuing Depo-Provera injections:
- Student must have a prescription for the Depo-Provera shot.
- Pap on file if 21 or over prior to second injection.
- Documentation of current GC/Chlamydia lab test prior to second injection at SIUE Health Clinic (lab request will be provided at first visit). Annual test required.
- Women with a prescription, needing the first Depo injection, need an appointment within the first five days of menses start date.
- Have an appointment within 13 weeks of last Depo-Provera for current injection. If later than 13 weeks, patient may receive Depo-Provera if she has a negative pregnancy test from our lab AND has not had unprotected intercourse within the last 10 days. If 16+ weeks since last Depo, appointment with women’s health provider required.
- Medical Record or verbal confirmation from a health care provider of last Depo injection date if not done at SIUE Health Service documented in EMR.
Tuberculosis Skin Test (PPD)
- Two visits are required to complete testing - one for placement and one for reading
- A 2-step TB skin test requires 3 visits
- Testing requires a healthcare provider visit
- Test results are completely confidential
- Counseling Services and Health Service are co-located in room 0222 in the Student Success Center lower level
- If you are seeking counseling you may make a screening appointment by calling us at 618-650-2842
- You may also call 618-650-2842 to make an appointment to see a therapist