Graduate Assistantship Position
Posting No: GS15-4045
Hiring Unit: Library and Information Services- Alton Biomedical Library
1) Open and close library facility during assigned days.
2) Maintain stacks ensuring order of collections, supervision of shelving and housekeeping functions.
3) Participate in training and supervision of student workers.
4) Assist in updating library records and forms.
5) Provide information service.
Qualifications Required: Previous library work experience desirable. Good oral communication and customer service skills required. Applicant must be enrolled in Master's program and carry a minimum of six hours of course work each semester. Applicants must be available to work days, evenings, and weekends.
Period of Appointment: Semester contract, FY 15; renewable for each subsequent semester through Summer term 2015 at either 25 percent or 50 percent appointment.
Salary: 50% appointment 25% appointment
First-Year Assistant: $896-1234 per month $395-553 per month
Second-Year Assistant: $951-1311 per month $422-591 per month
Number of Openings: varies
Closing Date For Applications: Remains open during FY 15
Submit: Resume and Letter of Application to:
Laura Scaturro, Library and Information Services
Campus Box 1063
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Edwardsville, IL 62026-1063