Posting No: GS15-4005
Hiring Unit: Intercollegiate Athletics- Wrestling
Job Description: The candidate will assist in all areas of operation for the Wrestling program. Reports to the Head Coach and Director of Athletics and must subscribe to the SIUE Principles Governing Athletics.
1. Support goals and objectives of the Athletics Program.
2. Assist the Head Coach with organization of practices, recruitment, team travel, fundraising, and any other area of responsibility as directed by the Head Coach or Director of Athletics.
3. Comply with University, Conference, and NCAA Division I rules and regulations.
4. Work cooperatively and responsibly with other departmental personnel.
5. Support the student-athlete concept and demonstrate concern for the health, safety, and welfare of each student-athlete.
6. Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications Required: Bachelor's degree required. Acceptance into SIUE Graduate School; must maintain 6-12 hour course load per semester. Evidence of sound organizational skills. Ability to interact effectively with student-athletes, colleagues, and the public. Coaching and/or playing experience at collegiate level required.
Period of Appointment: 12-month appointment beginning May 16, 2014.
Salary: $896 per month
Number of Openings: 1
Closing Date For Applications: Open until the position is filled.
Submit: Letter of application, resume, official transcript, and references to:
Graduate Assistant Search (Wrestling)
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
c/o Jenny Gilman-Director of Operations, Intercollegiate Athletics
Campus Box 1129
Edwardsville, IL 62026-1129