Announcements There are no announcements at this time.
I. Functions of the Committee
An advisory committee to the Dean on program modifications, involving adding, dropping, and modifying courses, shall be recognized as the Graduate Course Review Committee of the Graduate Council.
II. Membership and Number
Three voting members appointed by the Graduate Dean; one member will serve as the chairperson.
III. Considerations in Reviewing Form 90s
1) Is there good rationale for the new course?
2) Does the new course overlap with another existing course and require collation of some sort?
3) If the new course replaces an existing one, has a drop form been submitted for the latter?
4) Is the title and course description clear and appropriate (within the 25-word limit and consistent with other descriptions in the catalog)?
5) Are prerequisites, grade type, etc. clearly designated on the Form 90A and syllabus?
6) Does the syllabus have sufficient detail (outline of topics, week by week; list of course materials [textbooks, bibliography, computer resources, etc.]; description of assignments as well as weighting of these and exams; grading scale, etc.)?
7) If the course can be taken for both undergraduate and graduate credit, what additional work is required of graduate students?
8) Is the number of credits appropriate for the amount of work involved?
9) Are graduate faculty listed who will teach the course?
10) Is the course of sufficient rigor for graduate credit?
11) Is this a generic course? If so, what is the limit on repeat hours?
12) What is the credit-hour limit or maximum credit accumulation?
13) Is this a variable or multiple-segment course?