The Gardens’ volunteer program nurtures fun and cultivates camaraderie. The harvest will be a beautiful garden for all to enjoy. Please contact The Gardens if you wish to participate: phone (618) 650-3070 or email email@example.com.
Thanks to the efforts of many, 2010 was a vibrant and successful year for The Gardens at SIUE, with more than 2,800 volunteer hours. In response to several requests, The Gardens expanded its volunteer program in 2011. Volunteers will be greeted at The Gardens Center — our visitors’ center and maintenance headquarters which has restrooms, a break room, lockers and convenient parking — on Arboretum Lane. The Gardens will provide tools and materials for volunteer activities and will consider all reasonable requests.
- A group or individual tends a garden throughout the growing season
- Weekly or semi-monthly commitment (time and day to be determined)
- Activities include weeding, watering, and general gardening practices
- Contact The Gardens for available gardens to adopt
Drop-in Volunteer – March 16 through October 31
- Please call ahead to register or visit the Kimmel Leadership Center, Morris University Center (618) 650-2686
- Monday – no volunteer activities planned
- Tuesday through Friday – anytime 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Weekends – Third Saturday of each month – 8 a.m. to noon
- Earth Day Friday April 22, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Arbor Day Friday April 29, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Plastic Pot Recycling bin temporarily located in Garden Center parking lot