Checklist for entering students:
- Take the ACT or SAT and request test scores to be sent to SIUE (ACT code is 1147 | SAT code is 1759).
- To be considered for most SIUE scholarships, submit your completed admission application and all supporting documents postmarked by December 1st.
- Apply for SIUE Scholarships by sending in a completed scholarship application postmarked by December 1st. Scholarship applications are available HERE.
- In December, obtain a federal PIN from the U.S. Department of Education. This is necessary to complete the FAFSA. For dependent students, obtain a parent PIN and a student PIN.
- Prepare you tax returns as soon as possible.
- Before as soon as possible after January 1st, complete a FAFSA online and have your processed financial aid information sent to SIUE (Title IV school code - 001759).
- In April, watch for financial aid award notice from SIUE.
Complete FAFSA as soon as possible after January 1st!!
(preferred filing date)