Southern Illinois University Edwardsville Logo
Apply to SIUE
Facilities Management

Facilities Management
Institutional Header

Sales Service Guide

Sales Service is work that is not routine maintenance but is requested by a campus department. Work is completed by Facilities Management and billed to the department.

Sales Service Index:

Custodial Service
Customer Service
Design & Engineering
Grounds & Moving
Heating, Cooling & Building Access
Key Control
Repairs & Renovations

Ways to Request Sales Service:


For a list of Estimating Rates Click on:

For a list of Standard Charge Rates click on:

For billing inquiries click on:

Billing Management Contact:

All Campus Locations: Department Business Manager

[Back to Top]

Custodial Service

When requesting custodial services for a campus department (work not associated with routine maintenance of facilities or grounds) a Service Requisition must be completed.

Custodial Sale Services:

  • Set up/extra custodial help for special events
  • Provide dumpsters for construction projects and office moves
  • Special pickups of trash, recyclable material and confidential materials upon request

Custodial Sales Service Contacts:

[Back to Top]

Customer Service

Customer Service provides a central liaison between the campus community and Facilities Management to resolve service issues.

In addition to entering, tracking, and closing work orders, Customer Service often acts as a liaison between the department and the project coordinator on larger Service Requisitions and GIR/MODS.

Customer Service Contact:

All Campus Locations: Customer Service

[Back to Top]

Design & Engineering Service

The Design & Engineering Department is responsible for larger renovations, remodeling projects, and work with the Capital Development Board to oversee major changes taking place in campus buildings.

Design & Engineering Staff Services:

  • Act as consultants and/or coordinators during the GIR/MOD process for renovations, repairs, and capital projects
  • Perform or participate in final inspections and acceptance of construction projects
  • Develop architectural specifications, standards, and drawings for various campus projects

To view these specifications and standards click on:

Design & Engineering Sales Service Contacts:

[Back to Top]


Special events that involve Grounds services, such as field preparation and/or trash removal are scheduled upon request and require a Service Requisition.

Grounds & Moving Services:

  • Assist with special events, such as commencement
  • Move furniture & equipment requested by department

Moving Procedures are available at:

Grounds & Moving Sales Service Contacts:

[Back to Top]

Heating, Cooling, & Building Access

Assistance with door access and/or temperature control for special events is scheduled upon request and requires a Service Requisition.

Heating, Cooling, & Building Access Services:

  • Monitor and operate building heating and air conditioning systems
  • Assist with renovations and new construction
  • Provide fire extinguishers, cabinets, hoses, and alarm system devices for non-academic buildings
  • Provide renovation and replacement of Life Safety systems in non-academic buildings

Heating, Cooling, & Building Sales Service Contacts:

[Back to Top]

Key Control

Key Control issues keys for departmental personnel and door re-coring from approved authority.

Key Control Services:

  • Cutting of new door keys
  • Desk or file cabinet keys
  • Emergency call-outs for lock-outs and re-keying
  • Re-coring of offices
  • Maintain/repairs locks, door-opening mechanisms, panic hardware and card readers
  • Assist in extraction of broken keys from doors.

For security reasons, the University door keys cannot be sent through the mail. Keys should be requested via departmental key request forms.

*Note: Departmental Key Request Forms from Key Control should be completed, approved, and forwarded to Campus Box 1039.

Door re-coring and furniture keys require a Service Requisition. Departments will be billed for these services.

All keys for the Edwardsville campus are available for pick-up on campus only. Keys may be picked up at the Bursar's office from 8am to 4pm Monday- Friday or call Key Control to make other arrangements.

Lost keys pose a risk to University personnel and property and must be reported IMMEDIATELY to University Police and Key Control. Expense to re-core is funded by the department responsible.

Price Schedule is available at:

University Key Policies and Procedures are available at:

Interior Lock-Out Policy is available at:

Key Control Management Contacts:

Key Control Service Line

[Back to Top]

Repairs & Renovations

Upon request, Facilities Management may complete smaller renovations and maintain departmental equipment, furniture or specialized classroom equipment, etc., on a charge-back basis.

Simple requests, such as hanging a bulletin board, moving furniture, etc. must be submitted on a Service Requisition or through the E-Service Desk (for approved task code customers only).

Larger renovations that are budgeted at more than $25,000 and/or change the function of a physical space, must be submitted on a GIR/MOD form.

Repairs & Renovations Sales Service Contacts:

[Back to Top]

Published by: Facilities Management
Last Update: 22 May, 2012
Send Comments to:

facebookoff twitteroff vineoff linkedinoff flickeroff instagramoff googleplusoff socialoff