1. Prepare a Service Requisition for Facilities Management detailing the move. Include what needs moved, and what will need taken apart to move. Be sure to include the account number to be charged.
2. Prepare a separate service requisition for Telecomm for phone and computer lines; fax to 3333.
3. Clean out file drawers, desk drawers, bookshelves, etc. for the move.
4. Give some thought to where things will go in the new area to make the move more efficient. Ideally, share a sketch of where things will go with the groundsmen.
(NOTE: PROPERTY CAN GO TO SURPLUS AT ANY TIME AND AT NO CHARGE!)
1. Identify the property on the department inventory.
2. Using the inventory information, complete the "Request for Change of Status of Equipment" form on paper or on line.
3. Since the form will accompany the equipment to Surplus, make and keep a copy of the form for the department. If possible, attach a copy of the form to the outside AND inside of the equipment.
4. PICK UP OF SURPLUS PROPERTY IS AT NO COST TO THE DEPARTMENT; however, the property MUST be accompanied by the Change of Status form.
5. Departments are admonished, as always, not to move items to stairwells or hallways, but to wait for the items to be picked up. Departments should NEVER move furniture and NEVER store items in stairwells or hallways.