view Director's Notes Archives
I hope this message finds each and every one of you doing well.
Research & Technical Activities:
- The NCERC was invited to collaborate on a ruminant feed project studying the benefits of mixing treated corn stover with DDGS.
- A fat quality study of DDGS saw the completion of Phase I. The design for Phase II, which involves lab simulation on DDGS storage and its potential impact on fat quality of DDGS, has been reviewed by the research team.
- A Research Service Agreement (RSA) was signed to study phosphorus speciation on co-products from ethanol processing.
- A proposal to build upon the NCERC “National DDGS Library”, through a study on the impact of feeding Low Fat DDGS to Broilers, has been launched.
- NCERC Staff: Dr. Yan Zhang (Director of Analytical Research) collaborated with the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences to identify new compounds from natural products using LC/MS/MS.
- NCERC Staff: Two Professional Scientific Master’s students started interning at the NCERC and have been trained on laboratory work for research projects and for pilot plant Q/A, QC.
- NCERC Staff: Dr. Sabrina Trupia (Director of Biological Research) oversaw the fermentation research of a graduate student in Civil Engineering whose project is entitled “Reusing Treated Municipal Wastewater for Fermentation and Ethanol Production”.
Until next time, have a good, safe and productive month!
John Caupert, Director National Corn-to-Ethanol Research Center
Phone: 618-659-6737 Ext 226