Students may pick up an application from their school guidance counselor, from the SIUE East St. Louis Center, or wait for a representative of the Upward Bound Math and Science Program to recruit at your school.
When you get an application you must:
1. Fill it out as completely as possible.
2. Have two high school teachers, counselors, and/or administrators fill out the recommendation forms attached to the application packet.
3. Include all necessary documents, including the recommendation forms previously mentioned, proof of parent/guardian income, health insurance information and a current report card.
4. Return your completed application (with parent/guardian signatures) and all necessary documents to your school guidance counselor office, or to the Upward Bound Math and Science offices at the SIUE East St. Louis Center.
5. Once we receive the applications, we will check them for completion and contact you with any missing materials needed.
6. Once the application packet is complete, you will be notified by mail or phone to schedule an interview.