About the Program
The Upward Bound Math and Science Center is designed to prepare participants for post-secondary education and motivate their exploration of science, mathematics and related educational professions.Upward Bound Math and Science
- Participants are selected for involvement according to federal guidelines of being low income and/or potential first generation college graduates.
- There is no cost to eligible participants.
- The Math and Science Center offers services to one group of students starting in the 9th grade and follows that same group of students through the 12th grade.
- Students are selected from Illinois School Districts 189 (East St. Louis), 187 (Cahokia) and 12 (Madison) who, at the time of initial selection, are in grades 9-12.
- Students must come from a low-income family and be the first in his/her family to pursue a college education. Students must also require academic support for pursuing education beyond high school.