Upward Bound EC
- The Upward Bound (EC) Program is committed to developing a year-round education program which will excite, motivate and prepare a selected 150 high school students in the program’s target areas. The quality services provided will prepare the students for successful high school completion and entrance into post-secondary programs.
- The Upward Bound (EC) participants receive free tutorial services in college prep courses and are eligible to receive waivers for the ACT test.
- Upward Bound (EC) is a college-preparatory program designed to serve low-income and/or potential first-generation college students who are currently in grades 9-12.
- The program serves students who attend, or plan to attend, East St. Louis Senior High School and Cahokia High School.
- Those eligible to apply are students from Illinois School Districts 189 (East St. Louis), 188 (Brooklyn), 187 (Cahokia) and 3 (Venice), who, at the time of initial selection, are in grades 9-12 and between the ages of 13-19.
- Students must be from a low-income family and be the first in his/her family to pursue a college education. Students must also require academic support for pursuing education beyond high school.