About the SIUE East St. Louis Center
The ESLC operates programs funded through federal, state and local grants with an annual budget of more than $14 million.
The ESLC delivers a multi-generational approach to educational programs and services that provide opportunities for education, life skills and economic mobility for the entire family.
The ESLC serves as a national model for how a metropolitan university can leverage expertise and resources in order to demonstrate impact in a high-needs community. The ESLC offers exemplary services and innovative programs that equip diverse populations for responsible citizenship, living wage employment, and economic mobility in this technology driven, global society.
- Several Head Start parents and teachers have received Parent of the Year and Teacher of the Year state and regional awards in recent years.
- The SIUE East St. Louis Center was finalist for an education award from the St. Louis Regional Chamber Arcus Awards.
- The SIUE East St. Louis Center is an Arcus Award Finalist
- The SIUE East St. Louis Center is a Meridian Award Winner
- Four SIUE Head Start/Early Head Start centers are the only in Illinois to receive Gold Circle of Quality designations from the ExceleRate Illinois state early childhood quality rating system.