... and thank you for your interest in SIUE Enrollment Management. We've put together this little website
to give you a little insight as to what Enrollment Management means and who has a part in it at SIUE.
In short, Enrollment Management's function is to see that the university brings in and keeps qualified students in appropriate numbers for our various academic programs. This is important not only to the university in order to make the most of our various resources and facilities, but to the students themselves. We do not serve our students well if we enroll 2,000 new freshmen in the fall and they all want to study electrical engineering, or any other single academic program.
Enrollment Management works to:
- identify students for whom SIUE would be a "good fit," given the students academic aspirations and the university's programs, services, and culture; and make those students aware of SIUE, help them make their college selection, and encourage them to apply for admission (Admission Counseling, Academic Mailing, Academic Marketing Services)
- show students ways to make college affordable for them (Student Financial Aid)
- process their application for admission (Admission Review and Processing)
- help them make the transition from prospect to student (New Student Programs, Career Development Center)
- facilitate and document their academic progress at SIUE and prepare them for future work or study (Registrar, Career Development Center).
On this website, you'll find information about the offices and people who make all this possible for our students.
If you have any questions about SIUE Enrollment Management, be sure to contact us.
Assistant Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville