Dr. Serdar Celik
||Dr. Serdar Celik - Associate Professor
Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
School of Engineering
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Edwardsville, IL 62026-1805
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, 2007
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey, 2003
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Yildiz Technical University, Turkey, 2001
- Green Roofs
- Solar Energy
- Building Insulation
- Alternative Refrigeration Technologies
- Heat Transfer
- Fluid Mechanics
- Advanced Fluid Mechanics
Awards and Honors
- Outstanding Teaching Award, SIUE Department of Mechanical Engineering, 2012.
- University Teaching Distinction Award, SIUE, 2011.
- Outstanding Teacher Award, SIUE Department of Mechanical Engineering, 2010.
- University Teaching Recognition Award, SIUE, 2010.
- Outstanding Teacher Award, SIUE Department of Mechanical Engineering, 2008.
- Best Paper Award, ASME Graduate Student Research and Innovation Conference, Tulsa, OK, 2007.
- Industrial Invention Award, Arcelik A.S., Istanbul, Turkey, 2004.
Publications (Click to see more details.)
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers
- Illinois Solar Energy Association
- American Society of Engineering Education
- R&D Engineer, Jan 2002 - Jan 2004 Arcelik A.S. Research and Development Center, Istanbul, Turkiye
- HVAC Engineer, Nov 2000 - Jan 2002 Guven Klima LTD., Istanbul, Turkiye
- Celik, S., Euler, C. and Kural, M.H., 2009, "A Combined-Loop Magnetic Refrigerator", Unites States Patent and Trademark Office, US20120222428.
- Celik, S., Oguz, E. and Ozkadi, F., 2005, "A Cooling Device", World Intellectual Property Organization, WO2005050105.