Dr. Keqin Gu
||Dr. Keqin Gu - Distinguished Research Professor and Graduate Program Director
Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
School of Engineering
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Edwardsville, IL 62026-1805
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, 1988
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China, 1985
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China, 1982
- Robust Control, Robotics, and Timed Delayed Systems
- Control of Flexible Structures
- Nonlinear Dynamic Systems
- Aug. 2012 - Present Distinguished Research Professor
- Aug. 2013 - Present Graduate Program Director
- Aug. 2004 - Aug. 2013 Department Chair
- Jan. 2003 - May 2003 Acting Chair
- July 2002 - Present Professor
- July 1996 - June 2002 Associate Professor
- June 1998 - June 2002 Graduate Program Director
- Sept 1990 - June 1996 Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, Edwardsville, Illinois
- Jan. 1989 - Aug. 1990 Research Associate, Center for Robotics and Advanced Automation, Oakland University, Rochester, Michigan
- Sept. 1989 - Dec. 1988 Graduate Assistant, the George Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Conference Associate Editor, Control Systems Society (1995-1999)
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control (2000-2002)
- Program Editor, The Third IFAC Workshop on Time Delay Systems, December 8-10, 2001, Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Co-Editor, CNRS-NSF Workshop: Advances on Time Delay Systems, January 22-24, 2003, Paris, France
- Associate Editor, Automatica (2005-Present)
- Guest Editor, Special Issue on Time-Delay Systems (two issues), Asian Journal of Control, Volume 8, Number 1 and 2, 2006
- Associate Editor, American Control Conference (through the Society for Modeling & Simulation International (SCS)) (2006-Present)
- Member of Editorial Board, Journal of Franklin Institute (2007-Present)
- Gu, K., Karitonov, V. L. and Chen, J. (2003), Stability of Time-Delay Systems, Birkhauser, Boston.
- Niculescu, S.-I. and Gu, K. (2004), Advances in Time-Delay Systems, Lecture Notes in Computational Science and Engineering, Springer, Berlin.
- Gu, K., Niculescu, S.-I. and Chen, J. (2005), "On stability crossing curves for general systems with two delays," Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, Vol. 311, No. 1, November 2005, Pages 231-253.
- Gu, K. (2001), "A further refinement of discretized Lyapunov functional method for the stability of time-delay systems," International Journal of Control, Vol. 74, No. 10, pp. 967-976.
- Gu, K. (1997), "Discretized LMI set in the stability problem of linear uncertain time-delay systems," International Journal of Control, Vol. 68, No. 4, pp. 923-934.
(Click to see complete list.)
Back to top