SIUE Office of Human Resources
Campus Box 1040
Edwardsville, IL 62026-1040
Phone: (618) 650-2190
Fax: (618) 650-2696
Rendleman, Room 3210
Hours: M - F, 8 am - 4:30 pm
Director of Development
School of Business
This position is responsible for developing and implementing plans to support the strategic initiatives of the School of Business through the development program and alumni relations program for the School of Business at SIUE.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Analyzing and assessing needs for philanthropic support based on School of Business strategic plan.
• Working with School of Business administration to prioritize needs.
• Developing and executing plans to pursue resources that will enhance the reputation of the School of Business.
• Developing engagement strategies and communication plans for prospective donors.
• Directing and organizing scholarship committees to select recipients.
• Managing and overseeing outside contractors who provide communication services, developing and communicating
concepts, approving content and overseeing production.
• Working with donors to increase relationship with the School of Business and scholarship recipients.
• Working with donors regarding gift stipulations, insuring that stipulations are followed and resolving issues that could
occur between needs of the School of Business and donor stipulations
• Working with other departments across campus to coordinate efforts such as Alumni Affairs and University Relations to
maximize relationships for the benefit of the entire University.
This position requires a bachelor's degree; five plus years experience in fund raising and alumni relations and/or special events; CASE and AFP conference and seminars helpful. Knowledge of moves management, gift planning, grant writing, stewardship, public relations, and marketing are essential. Supervisory experience is required.
Terms of Appointment
Full-time, continuing non-bargaining position.
Source of Funds
Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Comprehensive benefits package included.
Submit nominations or letter of application, resume, transcript and references to:
John C. Navin, Ph.D.
Interim Dean, School of Business
3307 Founders Hall, Campus Box 1051
Edwardsville, IL 62026-1051
*Applications may be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin July 26, 2013, but the position will remain open until filled.
SIUE is a state university - benefits under state sponsored plans may not be available to holders of F1 or J1 visas.
Applicants will be subject to a background check prior to an offer of employment. Southern Illinois University Edwardsville is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, national origin, religion, disability, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation or veteran's status in violation of Title VII.
The SIUE Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://www.siue.edu/securityreport. The report contains campus safety and security information, crime statistics, fire safety policies, and fire statistics for the previous three calendar years. This report is published in compliance with Federal law, titled the "Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act" and the Higher Education Opportunity Act also known as the "Campus Fire Safety Right to Know." For those without computer access, a paper copy of the report may be obtained, with a 24-hour notice, from the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Administration, Rendleman Hall, Room 2228, 618-650-2536.
About the School of Pharmacy
Today's pharmacists improve patients' lives through the medication and education they provide. Dedicated to developing a community of caring pharmacists, the SIUE School of Pharmacy curriculum is nationally recognized as a model that offers students a unique combination of classroom education, research, community service and patient care.
The School of Pharmacy's areas of excellence include the Center for Drug Discover and Design; chronic pain research and practice; and diabetes research and practice. As the only downstate Illinois pharmacy doctorate program, the SIUE School of Pharmacy is addressing the growing need for highly trained pharmacists in a rapidly growing field.
Learn more at siue.edu/pharmacy.