SIUE Office of Human Resources
Campus Box 1040
Edwardsville, IL 62026-1040
Phone: (618) 650-2190
Fax: (618) 650-2696
Rendleman, Room 3210
Hours: M - F, 8 am - 4:30 pm
Food Service Administrator I
The Food Service Administrator I position is involved in the management of Food Service Operations. Under administrative supervision from a designated administrator, this position performs routine management duties in a Food Service unit or department.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting in the supervision of the production and service of food in a food service unit.
• Supervising and maintaining quality operations specifically in the Starbucks area.
• Supervising and ensuring all Starbucks policies, store operating standards and procedures are
communicated effectively, maintained and followed in a consistent manner.
• Maintaining established standards of quality, sanitation and overall efficiency to the Starbucks unit.
• Communicating store and crew member concerns to the F.S. Administrator in an effective manner.
• Contributing to store goals for increasing sales and improving financial contribution.
• Orienting and training employees and supervisory subordinates to carry out assigned responsibilities
and be prepared to assume more important assignments.
• Following and directing others to follow standards for merchandising, stocking, rotating and storing all products.
• Assisting in periodic training sessions as needed.
• Carrying out additional tasks in support of the department's mission and goals.
1. High school graduation or equivalent
2. Two years of food service supervisory experience (University training in dietetics, hotel management,
institutional management, or related fields may be substituted, year for year, for experience.)
If required by the position to be filled, the operating unit may require that the two years of
experience have been in a specialized area (such as meat cutting or bakery operation), in which
case university training in dietetics, hotel management, institutional management, or related
fields may be substituted, year for year, up to a maximum of only one year of the required experience.
Additional Skills and Knowledge Required
• Supervisory ability
• Ability to pass food handler's exam/certification course
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to successfully complete and be certified in Initial Store Training & Advanced Store Training
prior to working in the Starbucks Coffee Store
• Must possess basic math skills
Illinois residency required
$2,629 per month
The position is a current civil service vacancy at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. Applicants compete by examination. If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete and submit a Civil Service application to the Office of Human Resources. Examination appointments are required. NOTE: Some positions may be represented by a union and may require union dues.
Qualified applicants must submit a Civil Service application http://www.siue.edu/humanresources/forms/pdf/APPLICATION_FOR_CIVIL_SERVICE_EMPLOYMENT.doc (required), resume and unofficial transcripts to:
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Office of Human Resources
Campus Box 1040
Edwardsville, IL 62026-1040
Or email your Civil Service application (required), resume and unofficial transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only one Civil Service application is required to be completed per year. Please use only one application to apply for multiple positions. The Office of Human Resources will not contact applicants that do not meet the minimum qualifications listed. If qualifying by education, you must submit your transcript at the time of application. Applicants qualifying for Veteran's preference must submit a copy of form DD214 at the time of application. Applicants will be subject to a background check and/or drug screening prior to an offer of employment.
For more information please visit the Office of Human Resources website at www.siue.edu/humanresources or call Civil Service Testing at 618-650-2190.
July 10, 2013
SIUE is a state university - benefits under state sponsored plans may not be available to holders of F1 or J1 visas.
Applicants will be subject to a background check prior to an offer of employment. Southern Illinois University Edwardsville is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, national origin, religion, disability, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation or veteran's status in violation of Title VII.
The SIUE Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://www.siue.edu/securityreport. The report contains campus safety and security information, crime statistics, fire safety policies, and fire statistics for the previous three calendar years. This report is published in compliance with Federal law, titled the "Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act" and the Higher Education Opportunity Act also known as the "Campus Fire Safety Right to Know." For those without computer access, a paper copy of the report may be obtained, with a 24-hour notice, from the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Administration, Rendleman Hall, Room 2228, 618-650-2536.
The mission of SIUE Dining Services is to provide students, faculty, staff and the surrounding community with quality food and services at a reasonable value. This is accomplished by practicing creative menu development, ensuring a friendly environment, and incorporating variety, flexibility and convenience. The restaurant and cafeteria are located on the upper and lower floors of the Morris University Center. The Skywalk Café is located between Alumni Hall and Founders Hall on the third floor.
Learn more at siue.edu/muc.