SIUE Office of Human Resources
Campus Box 1040
Edwardsville, IL 62026-1040
Phone: (618) 650-2190
Fax: (618) 650-2696
Rendleman, Room 3210
Hours: M - F, 8 am - 4:30 pm
Director of Development
School of Business
This position is responsible for developing and implementing plans to support the strategic initiatives of the School of Business through the development program and alumni relations program for the School of Business at SIUE.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Analyzing and assessing needs for philanthropic support based on School of Business strategic plan.
• Working with School of Business administration to prioritize needs.
• Developing and executing plans to pursue resources that will enhance the reputation of the School of Business.
• Developing engagement strategies and communication plans for prospective donors.
• Directing and organizing scholarship committees to select recipients.
• Managing and overseeing outside contractors who provide communication services, developing and communicating
concepts, approving content and overseeing production.
• Working with donors to increase relationship with the School of Business and scholarship recipients.
• Working with donors regarding gift stipulations, insuring that stipulations are followed and resolving issues that could
occur between needs of the School of Business and donor stipulations
• Working with other departments across campus to coordinate efforts such as Alumni Affairs and University Relations to
maximize relationships for the benefit of the entire University.
This position requires a bachelor's degree; five plus years experience in fund raising and alumni relations and/or special events; CASE and AFP conference and seminars helpful. Knowledge of moves management, gift planning, grant writing, stewardship, public relations, and marketing are essential. Supervisory experience is required.
Terms of Appointment
Full-time, continuing non-bargaining position.
Source of Funds
Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Comprehensive benefits package included.
Submit nominations or letter of application, resume, transcript and references to:
John C. Navin, Ph.D.
Interim Dean, School of Business
3307 Founders Hall, Campus Box 1051
Edwardsville, IL 62026-1051
*Applications may be sent via email to: email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin August 2, 2013, but the position will remain open until filled.
SIUE is a state university - benefits under state sponsored plans may not be available to holders of F1 or J1 visas.
Applicants will be subject to a background check prior to an offer of employment. Southern Illinois University Edwardsville is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, national origin, religion, disability, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation or veteran's status in violation of Title VII.
The SIUE Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://www.siue.edu/securityreport. The report contains campus safety and security information, crime statistics, fire safety policies, and fire statistics for the previous three calendar years. This report is published in compliance with Federal law, titled the "Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act" and the Higher Education Opportunity Act also known as the "Campus Fire Safety Right to Know." For those without computer access, a paper copy of the report may be obtained, with a 24-hour notice, from the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Administration, Rendleman Hall, Room 2228, 618-650-2536.
About the School of Business
SIUE's School of Business and the accountancy programs are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International, representing the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide.
The Princeton Review consistently lists SIUE as one of the top 296 business schools in the U.S. and abroad for the seventh consecutive year. Undergraduate and graduate degrees are offered in accounting, computer management and information systems, economics, finance, management and marketing. More than 20,000 alumni have earned degrees from the SIUE School of Business.
Learn more at siue.edu/business.