SIUE Office of Human Resources
Campus Box 1040
Edwardsville, IL 62026-1040
Phone: (618) 650-2190
Fax: (618) 650-2696
Rendleman, Room 3210
Hours: M - F, 8 am - 4:30 pm
Office Support Specialist (Part-time 50%)
School of Business
The Office Support Specialist (OSS) to the Master of Marketing Research (MMR) program provides administrative support to the Director of the MMR program, four full-time MMR faculty, several part-time and emeriti faculty, graduate assistants, one student organization, and one alumni organization
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• MMR contracts: preparing, editing and mailing of internship contracts. Gathering required signatures for contracts, creating routing forms, coordinating with other university level administrative staff (Graduate School) on contract matters. Maintaining all the files for future reference. Responding to contract related questions from internship companies. Coordinating with contracts in internship companies for MMR related reasons - e.g., invoices.
• Administrative and secretarial support for the program. The OSS will maintain various university & MMR program specific calendars and deadlines and notifies faculty and the director in advance for reports, requests, etc., that are due. The Oss clarifies information when appropriate in advance of brining normal operational request for material to the director or the faculty. OSS coordinates with all faculty members for annual assessment data.
• Assisting in all MMR events: The OSS provides administrative support to the director in organizing annual advisory board meeting, annual internship supervisor meeting, guest speaker series and other student events.
The Office Support Specialist will perform additional related duties and responsibilities in support of the department's mission and goals.
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. Twelve (12) months of clerical/office support work experience.
3. Any one or combination totaling twenty-four (24) months from the following categories:
(a) work experience performing clerical/office support work
(b) vocational training that provided a knowledge of generally accepted clerical procedures
(c) college or university course work in Office Occupations, Business Administration, Business Education,
or closely related fields 36 semester hours = twenty-four (24) months
(d) college or university course work in any curriculum 60 semester hours = twenty-four (24)
4. Ability to keyboard accurately at a rate of 40 net w.p.m.
Additional Skills and Knowledge Required
Clerical skills; filling; word processing; use of computer software including internet, email, Banner, Blackboard, Excel, PowerPoint desirable; good interpersonal & supervisory skills; knowledge of spelling, grammar, and sentence structure; ability to work with minimum supervision; initiative to undertake repetitious and new tasks; ability to complete tasks with speed and high degree of accuracy; flexibility to undertake variety of tasks; knowledge of university safety procedures; and willingness to acquire new skills as they are needed over time.
Illinois residency required
$13.97 per hour
The position is a current civil service vacancy at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. Applicants compete by examination. If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete and submit a Civil Service application to the Office of Human Resources. Examination appointments are required. NOTE: Some positions may be represented by a union and may require union dues.
Qualified applicants must submit a Civil Service application http://www.siue.edu/humanresources/forms/pdf/APPLICATION_FOR_CIVIL_SERVICE_EMPLOYMENT.doc (required), resume and unofficial transcripts to:
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Office of Human Resources
Campus Box 1040
Edwardsville, IL 62026-1040
Or email your Civil Service application (required), resume and unofficial transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only one Civil Service application is required to be completed per year. Please use only one application to apply for multiple positions. The Office of Human Resources will not contact applicants that do not meet the minimum qualifications listed. If qualifying by education, you must submit your transcript at the time of application. Applicants qualifying for Veteran's preference must submit a copy of form DD214 at the time of application. Applicants will be subject to a background check and/or drug screening prior to an offer of employment.
For more information please visit the Office of Human Resources website at www.siue.edu/humanresources or call Civil Service Testing at 618-650-2190.
July 10, 2013
SIUE is a state university - benefits under state sponsored plans may not be available to holders of F1 or J1 visas.
Applicants will be subject to a background check prior to an offer of employment. Southern Illinois University Edwardsville is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, national origin, religion, disability, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation or veteran's status in violation of Title VII.
The SIUE Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://www.siue.edu/securityreport. The report contains campus safety and security information, crime statistics, fire safety policies, and fire statistics for the previous three calendar years. This report is published in compliance with Federal law, titled the "Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act" and the Higher Education Opportunity Act also known as the "Campus Fire Safety Right to Know." For those without computer access, a paper copy of the report may be obtained, with a 24-hour notice, from the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Administration, Rendleman Hall, Room 2228, 618-650-2536.
About the School of Business
SIUE's School of Business and the accountancy programs are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International, representing the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide.
The Princeton Review consistently lists SIUE as one of the top 296 business schools in the U.S. and abroad for the seventh consecutive year. Undergraduate and graduate degrees are offered in accounting, computer management and information systems, economics, finance, management and marketing. More than 20,000 alumni have earned degrees from the SIUE School of Business.
Learn more at siue.edu/business.