SIUE Office of Human Resources
Campus Box 1040
Edwardsville, IL 62026-1040
Phone: (618) 650-2190
Fax: (618) 650-2696
Rendleman, Room 3210
Hours: M - F, 8 am - 4:30 pm
Research and Project Fiscal Management
• Report and secure funds for grant accounts funded via letter of credit by the Department of Health
and Human Services, U.S. Department of Education, the National Science Foundation, and other
state, federal, or private funding agencies.
• Determine monthly amount to be drawn for U.S. Department of Education funds (inclusive of federal
financial assistance) and prepare necessary funds draw requests and distribution of receipts by appropriate
control accounts to Administrative Accounting.
• Ensure externally funded grants and contracts meet with fiscal agency requirements and guidelines as proposed
under OMB Circulars.
• Prepare original and revised budget journal entries for submission and subsequent entry in University accounting systems.
• Track sponsored grant/contract expenditures in total award and/or total direct costs and in budget categories
where agency restrictions limit or forbid rebudgeting.
• Prepare Federal Cash Transaction Reports via manual or electronic submission to funding agencies.
• Prepare agency financial expenditure reports and invoices.
• Prepare close-out packages and final financial reports to agencies.
• Prepare account reconciliations.
• Prepare grant account analysis, budget revisions and other fiscal reports to assist Principal Investigators/Fiscal
Officers on an as needed basis.
• Responsible for securing and maintaining University Cost Share data reports per OMB guidelines.
• Provide financial reports to other university departments as required.
1. Any one or any combination of the following, totaling three (3) years or (36 months), from the categories below:
a) work experience and/or training in Accounting or a closely related field
b) college course work and/or training in Accounting or a closely related field including 12 semester hours in accounting
• Associate Degree (60 semester hours) equals 18 months
• 90-semester hours equals two (2) years or (24 months)
• Bachelor's Degree or higher (120 semester hours) equals three (3) years or (36 months)
Additional Skills and Knowledge Required
1. Knowledge and application of accounting principles and practices
• Knowledge of university accounting and other financial office reports and business processes
• Understanding of university "unique" terminology in financial areas
• Analytical skills
2. Familiarity with OMB Circulars
Illinois residency required
$3,093 per month
The position is a current civil service vacancy at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. Applicants compete by examination. If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete and submit a Civil Service application to the Office of Human Resources. Examination appointments are required. NOTE: Some positions may be represented by a union and may require union dues.
Qualified applicants must submit a Civil Service application http://www.siue.edu/humanresources/forms/pdf/APPLICATION_FOR_CIVIL_SERVICE_EMPLOYMENT.doc (required), resume and unofficial transcripts to:
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Office of Human Resources
Campus Box 1040
Edwardsville, IL 62026-1040
Or email your Civil Service application (required), resume and unofficial transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only one Civil Service application is required to be completed per year. Please use only one application to apply for multiple positions. The Office of Human Resources will not contact applicants that do not meet the minimum qualifications listed. If qualifying by education, you must submit your transcript at the time of application. Applicants qualifying for Veteran's preference must submit a copy of form DD214 at the time of application. Applicants will be subject to a background check and/or drug screening prior to an offer of employment.
For more information please visit the Office of Human Resources website at www.siue.edu/humanresources or call Civil Service Testing at 618-650-2190.
July 11, 2013
SIUE is a state university - benefits under state sponsored plans may not be available to holders of F1 or J1 visas.
Applicants will be subject to a background check prior to an offer of employment. Southern Illinois University Edwardsville is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, national origin, religion, disability, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation or veteran's status in violation of Title VII.
The SIUE Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://www.siue.edu/securityreport. The report contains campus safety and security information, crime statistics, fire safety policies, and fire statistics for the previous three calendar years. This report is published in compliance with Federal law, titled the "Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act" and the Higher Education Opportunity Act also known as the "Campus Fire Safety Right to Know." For those without computer access, a paper copy of the report may be obtained, with a 24-hour notice, from the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Administration, Rendleman Hall, Room 2228, 618-650-2536.
In fiscal year 2013, SIUE faculty and staff received more than $42 million in grants and contracts for research, teaching and service initiatives from funding organizations such as National Institutes of Health, National Science Foundation, National Endowment for the Humanities, NASA, National Endowment for the Arts and The Sloan Foundation.
Learn more at siue.edu/provost.