Reporting A Disaster
To report a disaster event call 911. Examples of a disaster event include:
- Severe thunderstorms or tornadoes causing damages
- Accidents involving common carriers where multiple fatalities or injuries occur
- Earthquake causing damages
- Large fires or hazardous materials accidents
- Any event requiring a multi-jurisdictional response
When in doubt, report it.
Please include the following information if possible:
- Location: where are you exactly?
- Event: what caused the event?
- Casualties: are there any confirmed deaths/injuries? If so, how many?
- Access: can the location be accessed by emergency responders? If so, how?
- Damages: what damages do you see?
- Actions: what actions are being taken at the scene?
Please print a copy of this and keep it by your phone.