The master's degree in Clinical Child and School Psychology is required for admission to this program.
A complete psychology graduate application file contains the following:
- Psychology application form
- Goal Statement/Statement of Purpose (500 words maximum). Following your goal statement,
please attach your resumé.
- three letters of recommendation, preferably from professors who can discuss your academic performance
- assistantship application (if desired)
- official GRE scores - the General Test is required and the Psychology Subject Test is optional. Your GRE score is only one of several pieces of information we use to evaluate candidates for admission to our selective graduate programs.
- Graduate School application - this is separate from the Psychology application form. A copy of the Graduate School Application is sent from Graduate Admissions to the Psychology Department after processing.
- official transcripts - a copy of the official transcript is sent from Graduate Admissions to Psychology after processing. Grades are only one of several pieces of information used to evaluate individuals for admission to graduate programs. A minimum cut off score for grade point averages is not used, but over the last several years, the average grade point average of accepted applicants has been in the range of 3.5 to 4.0 (out of 4.0).
For students enrolled in the specialist degree program, the completion of a thesis is required.
Applications for the specialist program will be reviewed annually in the fall semester.
Apply Now >>