Dr. Lynn K. Bartels
Education: Ph.D., 1991
University of Akron
About Dr. Bartels
Lynn K. Bartels teaches graduate and undergraduate courses in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Personnel Psychology, Employee Selection, and Employee Development. Her research interests include employee selection and development, particularly the use of assessment centers and employment interviews. Dr. Bartels has human resource consulting experience in the areas of human resource selection, test validation, interviewing, assessment centers, training, and outplacement.
Dr. Bartels is available to mentor students interested in Industrial/Organizational Psychology.
- Preusser, M. K., Bartels, L. K., & Nordstrom, C. R., (2011). Sexual harassment training: Person vs. machine. Public Personnel Management, 40(1), 47-62.
- Nordstrom, C. R., Bartels, L. K., & Bucy, J. (2009). Predicting and curbing classroom incivility in higher education. College Student Journal, 43(1), 74-85.
- Bartels, L. K., Nordstrom, C. R., & Koski, J. (2006). A structured interview demonstration. Teaching of Psychology, 33(1) 55-57.
- Mallo, J. R., Nordstrom, C. R., Bartels, L. K., & Traxler, A. (in press). Electronic performance monitoring: The effects of age and task difficulty. Performance Improvement Quarterly.
- Bartels, L. K, Macan, T., Gutting, B., Lemming, M., & McCrea, R. (2005). Teaching the practitioner side of the Scientist-Practitioner Mode. The Industrial-Organizational Psychologist, 42(3), 59-66.
- Bommer, W. H., Rubin, R. S., & Bartels, L. K. (2005). Assessing the unassessable: Interpersonal and managerial skills. In K. Martell & T. Calderon (Eds.) Assessment of Student Learning in Business Schools: Best Practices Each Step of the Way, 1 (pp. 103-129). Tallahasee, FL: The Association for Institutional Research and AACSB International.
- Rubin, R. S., Bartels, L. K. & Bommer, W.H. (2002). Are leaders smarter or do they just seem that way? Exploring perceived intellectual competence and leadership emergence. Journal of Social Behavior and Personality, 30(2), 105-118.