To be admitted to the exercise science program, students must:
- Earn a grade of C or better in Biology 140 or Biology 150 or its equivalent
- Earn a grade C or better in Chemistry 120a & 124a or Chemistry 121a & 125a or their equivalents
- Earn a grade of B or better in KIN 275, Introduction to Exercise Science
- Obtain a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or higher
Direct Admission Program
High school students with a strong academic record may apply for direct admission into the Exercise Science major. Students must have earned at least a 25 Composite ACT score (1150 SAT) and at least a 3.25 high school grade point average (on a 4-point scale) to be eligible for direct admission to the program.
This admission is contingent upon the student meeting state and program-specific retention requirements while a student at SIUE.
- Complete all specific program requirements
- Complete all general education requirements
- Complete a minimum of 120 credit hours (at least 30 of which must be completed at SIUE and at least 60 of which must be completed at a regionally accredited 4-year institution)
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0
- Bachelor of Science requires completion of eight lecture courses in life, physical or social science, including two with labs (EL). Check the Course Equivalency Guides (CEG) at siue.edu/transfer for approved courses.
- File an application for graduation by the first day of the term in which you plan to graduate
Advisement Information >>