Students wishing to study health education must apply in the Office of Academic Advising. To be admitted into the Health Education Major, students must:
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Complete ENG 101 and 102 with grades of C or better.
Direct Admission for High School Students
High school students with a strong academic record may apply for direct admission into the Exercise Science major. Students must have earned at least a 25 Composite ACT score (1150 SAT) and at least a 3.25 high school grade point average (on a 4-point scale) to be eligible for direct admission to the program.
This admission is contingent upon the student meeting state and program-specific retention requirements while a student at SIUE.
- Complete all specific program requirements
- Complete all general education requirements
- Complete a minimum of 120 credit hours (at least 30 of which must be completed at SIUE and at least 60 of which must be completed at a regionally accredited 4-year institution)
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0
- Bachelor of Science requires completion of eight lecture courses in life, physical or social science, including two labs. Check the Course equivalency Guides (CEG) at siue.edu/transfer for approved courses.
- File an application for graduation by the first day of the term in which you plan to graduate
Advisement Information >>