Body Composition Laboratory
The Body Composition Laboratory (BCL) is equipped with a comprehensive array of assessment tools that are used by exercise scientists to accurately evaluate all aspects of body composition, including total and regional fat and lean tissue, waist circumference, and skinfold measurement. The laboratory has the capability to determine bone mineral density and bone mass as well as cross-sectional muscle area and density. Students will receive hands-on training with each instrument and their associated procedures. Students will learn to interpret the results of each procedure and how to explain the results to clients in order to prepare them for careers in health, fitness, medicine, and rehabilitation. .
- BOD POD, Body Composition Tracking System
- The GE Lunar Dual Energy X-ray Absorptiometry (iDXA)
- Lange Skinfold Calipers
- Gullick Circumference Tape Measure
- Digital scales and stadiometer
- Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis