International Training Program in Pedagogy
SIUE has formed partnerships and exchange of scholars with Northwest Normal University (NWNU) and Shenyang Aerospace University (SAU), China. Through a signed Letter of Engagement with NWNU and a signed Memorandum of Understanding with SAU, the program hosted 24 scholars during fall semesters in 2012, 2013, and 2014 as part of the International Training Program in Pedagogy. The Program includes collaboration with the Schools of Business and Engineering and the College of Arts and Sciences (along with the School of Education, Health and Human Behavior).
- Promote SIUE internationally.
- Potential for student recruitment.
- Potential research and teaching collaborations for faculty (One faculty member recently was awarded a Fulbright Senior Specialist grant to teach at Northwest Normal University).
- Potential travel study for students.
- Opportunity to form international relationships for scholarship, research, and service activities.
- To compete globally, students need opportunities to interact with and develop an appreciation of other cultures and countries – our project provides this opportunity.
- Local Community:
- Visiting Scholars present in the Lifelong Learning Series offered through Educational Outreach and interact with local school personnel