The Dean's Dozen, a select group of 12 undergraduate students representing the departments in the School of Education, Health and Human Behavior, will serve as student representatives on behalf of the school. Their on-going responsibilities will include: assisting with recruitment and retention of students and faculty; representing the school at various campus functions; providing peer mentoring; and serving as ambassadors of goodwill for the School of Education, Health and Human Behavior.
The application for the next Dean's Dozen Class is now available at:
For additional information regarding the role of the Dean's Dozen and the selection process, please plan on attending an informational meeting on Tuesday, September 29, 2015 at 3:30 pm in Founders Hall 2407.
Application Deadline: Friday, October 16, 2015.
- GPA of 3.0 cumulative or higher
- Must be a full time student
- At least sophomore status with a declared major in a program offered through the School of Education, Health and Human Behavior or in a major leading to secondary education teacher licensure
- Student Leadership (evidence and/or potential)
- Service Involvement (evidence of the past three years and/or current)
- Graduating May 2017 or later
Benefits to Students:
- Graduation recognition
- Priority Registration
- Letter for employment/graduate school file from the Dean
- Opportunities to build relationships with the School of Education, Health and Human Behavior faculty and administration
- Meetings with the Deans regarding your School Experiences
Once selected as a member of the Dean’s Dozen, students are expected to continue to meet the eligibility requirements and adhere to SIUE’s student conduct (http://www.siue.edu/policies/3c1.shtml) and academic (https://www.siue.edu/policies/3c2.shtml) codes. Violations of these codes may result in removal from Dean’s Dozen membership.
For more information contact:
Gretchen Fricke at 618.650.3940
or via email at email@example.com