To be considered for admission to the Secondary Education Program, a student must:
- Be admitted to a major program leading to licensure.
- Pass an approved test of basic skills (Test of Academic Proficiency), ACT Plus Writing, or SAT equivalent with the approved substitution application.
- Pass all foundations courses with a "C" or higher: ENG 101, ENG 102, ACS 101, RA 101 and QR 101.
- Pass CIED 100, Introduction to Education with a C or better.
- 2.5 GPA or higher from SIUE along with a combined GPA of 2.5 from all institutions.
- Successfully pass a criminal background check.
Students are required to complete a senior assignment. Successful completion of an appropriate student teaching assignment culminates the student's professional preparation.
Students must be admitted to their major area of study (leading to licensure). Students will apply for admission to teacher education prior to student teaching. Information about admission to teacher education may be obtained by contacting an education advisor or visiting siue.edu/education.
Advisement Information >>