Students seeking admission to the MAT Program must:
- earn a bachelor's degree with a grade point average of 2.75 or higher (A=4.0).
- have sufficient credits in courses that constitute a licensable field for teaching at the middle school or high school levels, with a GPA of 2.5 or higher. Additional content area courses may be required contingent upon transcript evaluation. A transcript evaluation before applying is strongly encouraged.
- satisfy State of Illinois Testing Requirements:
- pass the Illinois Test of Academic Proficiency prior to admission;
- pass the content test in the teaching field prior to admission;
- pass the Assessment of Professional Teaching test prior to licensure.
Throughout the MAT program, students must maintain a minimum overall GPA of 3.0. Candidates must complete all program assessments.
The last Friday in April. Review of applications begins in January.
Apply Now >>