The School of Education, Health and Human Behavior at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville engages and prepares learners by:
• creating an inviting, collaborative and rigorous academic atmosphere;
• integrating theory and practice to inform teaching, scholarship and service;
• challenging learners to synthesize knowledge and generate diverse perspectives;
• stimulating critical dialogue;
• promoting ethical action, social justice, personal responsibility and effective leadership to serve diverse individuals, organizations and communities.
effective April 2011