The School of Education supports the University’s mission, values, and goals through its academic programs and commitment to excellence. Our primary goal is to provide high quality academic programs committed to improving teaching, learning, and human development in a diverse, rapidly changing, and increasingly technological society. We are equally committed to developing and enhancing partnerships and other collaborative relationships with community schools, agencies, and organizations in an effort to advance research, development, and innovative practices.
In order to guide the development of strategy, the following serve as specific goals of the School of Education.
1. Recruit, support, and retain a diverse faculty and staff capable of providing the highest quality learning experiences, scholarly activity, and professional service.
2. Offer high quality innovative programs that engage and challenge learners, stimulate critical dialogue, and integrate inquiry-based teaching, research, theory, and practice.
3. Develop and align standards and assessments that aid the recruitment, retention, and graduation of students capable of being valued professionals.
4. Conduct and disseminate research and scholarly endeavors that enhance professional practice and target improved quality of life.
5. Utilize existing and emerging technologies in appropriate and effective ways to enhance professional practice.
6. Promote interdisciplinary and interagency collaboration on advocacy efforts and other change strategies that can enhance individuals, organizations, and communities.
7. Provide learning opportunities to enhance both pre-service and professional development.
8. Participate and excel in actions that earn state and national recognition for the school and university
9. Encourage alumni participation in aiding the continued growth and development of the School.
effective April 2004