Measures of Success
- More than 270 students participate in SIUE’s 18 men’s and women’s Division I varsity teams.
- SIUE competes at the highest level of intercollegiate competition, having scheduled events against nearly every NCAA Division I conference in the nation over the last 18 months.
- In the 2009-10 academic year, more than 100 student-athletes were honored as All-American Collegiate Scholars, members of the Academic All-Ohio Valley Conference team, members of the Dean’s List, inductees into Chi Alpha Sigma Honor Society and Cougar Cadre Award winners.
- The average grade point for student-athletes for the 2009-10 academic year was 3.109, significantly higher than the general student body. The fall 2010 semester set a record for the highest combined GPA of 3.172 and marked the 9th consecutive semester SIUE student-athletes have earned a combined GPA of 3.0 or better.
- The latest Student-Athlete Academic Success Rate of SIUE student-athletes is 76 percent, significantly higher than the general student body.
- More than 400 student-athletes have achieved All-American status while competing for Cougar Athletics.