In support of the mission of Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, Campus Recreation offers the University community recreational and educational opportunities that teach the values of wellness of mind, body and spirit. Campus Recreation enhances the collegiate experience, fosters personal and professional development, and provides opportunities for cultural and social interaction.
Campus Recreation will be recognized as a leader in the field of recreation. The Department's commitment to provide state of the art facilities, quality programs, and opportunities for social interaction, contributes to student learning and development, and encourages individuals to pursue a healthy lifestyle.
We, as members of the Department of Campus Recreation, value:
- Service to the University Community, on an equal basis, while consistently meeting its needs and exceeding expectations.
- Acting in the best interest of the University Community and continuous consideration of the implications of one's actions.
- Behaving in a manner that exemplifies integrity at all times.
- Being proactive in all situations, thereby not permitting small problems to become large problems.
- Creating and maintaining a safe environment that values, embraces, and encourages individual differences, and which facilitates growth and learning in people.
- Empowering employees by reinforcing their feelings of accomplishment and self-worth, while assisting them with, and encouraging their professional development.
- The importance of living a healthy lifestyle.
- Promoting employment opportunities for individuals with experience in the field of recreation that exemplify a desire to grow within the National Intramural Recreational Sports Association.