As many of you may be entering your first year of college, it is possible that you may encounter instances where alcohol or even sexual violence is present. As a way to keep all SIUE students, faculty, staff, and administrators safe, SIUE is proud to offer the AlcoholEdu and Haven programs. AlcoholEdu is a program that encourages students to consider and change their drinking behaviors, whether through abstinence or harm reduction strategies. Haven incorporates sexual vioelnce prevention and active bystander intervention to empower students to take action is potentially dangerous situations.
As part of the Drug-Free Schools & Communities Act, SIUE is required to provide alcohol and other drug awareness education to all students. As a student at SIUE, regardless of status (e.g. freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, graduate, or professional), you are strongly encouraged to complete Part I of AlcoholEdu.
As part of the Campus Sexual Violence Elimination (SaVE) Act, Jeanne Clery Act, and Title IX Coordination, SIUE is required to provide sexual assault awareness and prevention education to all incoming students. As an incoming student to SIUE, that is freshman, first year transfer, first year graduate, or first year professional student, you are required to complete Part I of Haven by October 1, 2015 to ensure eligibility for Spring 2016 registration. Failure to complete Part I of Haven by October 1, 2015 will result in a Spring 2016 registration hold on your student account.
We typically encourage students to complete Part I of AlcoholEdu and Haven during the summer months due to the increased activity during the beginning of the fall semester.
1. Go to siue.edu/counseling
2. At the top of the page, click on "Click here to complete Haven & AlcoholEdu"
3. Sign in with your e-id and password to begin
4. Select your Primary Group [freshman, transfer, graduate, or professional student] for AlcoholEdu & Haven; select "agree to terms of service" & select "Finished."
5. Select "Get Started" on Haven
6. After completing Part I of Haven, select "Get Started" on AlcoholEdu.
7. After 45 days, you will receive a link with instructions for completing Part II of Haven.
October 1, 2015--Deadline to complete Part I of Haven & Alcohol Edu to ensure eligibility for Spring 2016 registration
TBD--Deadline to complete Part I of AlcoholEdu & Haven