As is the case for many college students, it is possible that you may encounter situations where alcohol or even sexual violence is present. As a way to keep all SIUE students, faculty, staff, and administrators as safe as possible, SIUE is proud to offer the AlcoholEdu and Haven programs. AlcoholEdu is a program that encourages students to consider and change their drinking behaviors, whether through abstinence or harm reduction strategies. Haven incorporates sexual violence prevention and active bystander intervention to empower students to take action in potentially dangerous situations.
As part of the Drug-Free Schools & Communities Act, SIUE is required to provide alcohol and other drug awareness education to all students. As a student at SIUE, regardless of status (e.g. freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, graduate, or professional), you are strongly encouraged to complete Part I of AlcoholEdu.
As part of the Campus Sexual Violence Elimination (SaVE) Act, the Jeanne Clery Act, the Illinois Preventing Sexual Violence in Higher Education Act, and Title IX Coordination, SIUE is required to provide sexual assault awareness and prevention education annually to all currently enrolled students. As a currently enrolled SIUE student, you are required to complete Part I of Haven or Haven Plus by October 1, 2016 to ensure eligibility for Spring 2017 registration. Failure to complete Part I of Haven or Haven Plus by October 1, 2016 will result in a Spring 2017 registration hold on your student account.
We typically encourage students to complete Part I of AlcoholEdu and Haven or Haven Plus during the summer months due to the increased activity during the beginning of the fall semester.
1. Visit siue.edu/counseling
2. Select “Click here to complete Haven and AlcoholEdu”
3. Read the trigger warning
4. Choose to register for Haven Plus
5. Sign in with your e-id and password
6. Select your primary group [freshman, transfer, graduate or professional student]; check
"agree to terms of service" and click "Finished"
7. Click "Get Started" on Haven Plus
8. After completing Part 1 post-quiz of Haven, your registration records will be updated within
24-48 hrs and no registration hold will be administered
9. To continue, select "Get Started" on AlcoholEdu.
10. After 45 days, you'll receive a link with instructions on completing Part 2 of Haven (not
required for registration, but strongly recommended)
October 1, 2016--Deadline to complete Part I of Haven & Alcohol Edu to ensure eligibility for Spring 2017 registration