Career CounselingHaving trouble deciding on a major?Interested in going into a different career?Need help looking for a job?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, a career counselor may be able to help you. Making a career decision can help set a direction toward career satisfaction and success. Making this decision, however, can be a challenge for most people. Without fully knowing what kind of career fits with your goals, interests, skills, personality and work values, you may find yourself making a poor career choice.
A counselor can assist you in the following areas:
- Help you learn more about your interests, skills, personality, and work values.
- Assess problems and conflicts that may be impeding your decision-making.
- Determine which career assessments would be appropriate for you.
- Help you develop a great resume and cover letter.
- Learn more about cooperative education opportunities.
- Teach you effective interviewing techniques and job search strategies.
- Administer a videotaped mock interview.
- And much more...
To make an appointment with a career counselor, contact our office at 618-650-3708.