Curricular Practical Training (CPT) for International Students at SIUE
- Eligible after 9 months or 2 terms of academic study at SIUE
- Participants must meet all program requirements each term including meeting all scheduled deadlines, maintaining the minimum GPA, and notifying both the International Student Services (ISS) and the CDC of any changes in employment.
- Students not meeting the program requirements will not be allowed to work during that term.
- Should a student's GPA fall below the minimum standard of 2.0 for undergraduates and 3.0 for graduate students, the student will not be allowed to work under the CPT/Co-op program until the GPA is again at or above the minimum standard.
- All assignments are semester based and changing employers during the semester is not allowed.
- Students must maintain health insurance at all times.
- Eligibility for all International Students is based on individual circumstances each term – comparison to other students is not relevant .
International Students interested in working under CPT/Co-op should do the following:
- Get registered with the CDC. This process includes updating your Cougar Jobline profile with the CDC, having your resume critiqued and approved by one of the counselors, and attending a Co-op Orientation. This process should be started as soon as possible to ensure completion by the start of your first term of work.
- Get a Letter of Eligibility from the International Student Services (ISS) Office sent to the Career Development Center (CDC). This can be done at any time and must be done each term you are planning to work.