Co-op / Internship Online Orientation
Why Participate in the Co-op/Internship Program?
- Apply classroom knowledge and gain valuable work experience for your résumé.
- Build your professional network and gain the competitive edge.
- Experience matters! Earn money for college expenses (Co-op is always paid).
- Gives official transcript recognition.
- Applies classroom theory to a realist work setting.
- Clarifies career goals.
- Develops professional relationships.
- Prepares students for full-time employment upon graduation.
According to the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE):
- 72% of employers consider relevant work experience a key factor in hiring.
- The majority of employers consider internships and Co-ops as the best way to gain relevant work experience.
- New graduates who participated in an internship were more likely to receive a job offer.