What is CAB?
The Campus Activities Board is a student run organization that is both an advisory board and a programming board. It is a merger of the former Student Life Advisory Board and the University Center Board Program Council. Its main goal is to improve campus life through providing social, recreational, educational and cultural programs at SIUE. A student involved with CAB has an opportunity to:
- Develop leadership skills
- Work with agents and meet entertainers
- Make decisions about student fees
- Make friends with other student leaders
- Develop skills for a resume
- Be a positive and active force on campus
- Have fun!!!
The Leadership Council members must be currently enrolled, full-time, undergraduate or graduate students with at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
The Leadership Council of CAB consists of the following Executive Board members:
- President - Presides over meetings and functions as the voice of the CAB
- Vice President - Coordinates the membership recruitment campaign, manages membership development, maintains membership records and maintains the CAB office
- Advertising Director -Promotes programs through the design of fliers, posters, Alestle ads, etc.
- Public Relations/Promotions Director - Maintains CABs internet presence through social media, writes press releases, promotes the organization as a whole
The Council also consists of the following twelve Programming Committees
- Black Heritage Month Chair - Coordinates all Black Heritage Month Activities
- Cougar Welcome Chair-Coordinates Cougar Welcome Week Activities
- Engaging Issues and Topics - Coordinates Quiz Bowl, Taste of Culture, Lecture programs, educational trips and other current events programs
- Entertainment Chair - Coordinates Just for Laughs series, Friday Free Flick Series and St. Louis trips (theatre shows)
- Family Programs - Coordinates family trips, the Cougar Kid Saturdays program, and assists with Family Weekend
- Homecoming Chair- Coordinates Homecoming activities including homecoming court, and the Student Organization Spirit Contest
- Novelty Entertainment Chair - Coordinates Cougar Craze series, Karaoke, and the Friday Free Flicks Series
- Recreation - Coordinates recreational trips including, but not limited to sporting events, and ski trips
- Special Events - Coordinates events such as Late Night Programs, Block Party, Rocky Horror Picture Show, and Casino Night.
- Springfest Chair - Coordinates Springfest activities including the Giant Banana Split, and the Student Organization Spirit Contest
If you are interested in becoming general member of CAB, please complete this application form and return it to the Kimmel Student Involvement Center, Box 1168, in the Morris University Center. For more information, call 650-2686 or email CAB at SIUEcab@gmail.com.