Other Helpful Links
Illinois Department of Professional Regulation
- Offers information on obtaining licenses for businesses where it is important to promote health and safety.
Illinois Department of Employment Security
- Provides information on unemployment insurance, employment services and guidance to workers, job seekers, and employers.
Illinois Independent Accountant Association
- Useful for information on the latest accounting news plus contact information of many professional accountants.
Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
- Offers basic information on starting a business and different Illinois loan and grant programs.
Illinois Department of Labor
- Useful for information on licenses, permits, and state labor laws.
Illinois Department of Revenue
- Register your business online and gain valuable tax information.
Illinois Environmental Protection Agency
- Useful for information on certain state licenses or permits you may need for your business regarding environmental safety.
Secretary of State
- Useful for checking if there is already a business registered in Illinois with the same name that you wish to use for your business.
Industry Associations: The Internet Public Library Associations on the Net
- A helpful research tool to use when starting a business and writing a business plan.
Selling to the State of Illinois
- Provides information on how your business can contract with the state of Illinois to sell your products.
Starting a Business in Illinois Handbook
- This all-encompassing handbook was written exclusively for the Illinois Entrepreneur. Key features include a feasibility and business plan outline, information for setting up a business, financial considerations, and plenty other useful tips.
The Illinois CPA Society
- Helps you find a Certified Public Accountant for your personal and business financial needs.
- Provides a basic explanation of the workers' compensation program, benefits, and procedures.
Office of the Illinois Attorney General
- Provides franchising information.
Madison County Government
- Obtain information on Madison County departments, officials, election information, local events, and demographics on this official county website.
St. Clair County Government
- Obtain information on St. Clair County departments, officials, election information, local events, and demographics on this official county website. Also learn about county resources available to business owners.
Madison County Employment and Training
- Useful for labor market information. Provides other customized services such as employment recruitment and career transition.
Missouri Venture Forum
- Nonprofit organization that provides a platform for growth through networking, education and information exchange.
For Local Business Registration Information, please visit
Get a Business License or Permit.
Expanding Your Business