Other Helpful Links
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation
- Offers information on obtaining licenses for businesses where it is important to promote health and safety.
- Illinois Department of Employment Security
- Provides information on unemployment insurance, employment services and guidance to workers, job seekers, and employers.
- Illinois Independent Accountant Association
- Useful for information on the latest accounting news plus contact information of many professional accountants.
- Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
- Offers basic information on starting a business and different Illinois loan and grant programs.
- Illinois Department of Labor
- Useful for information on licenses, permits, and state labor laws.
- Illinois Department of Revenue
- Register your business online and gain valuable tax information.
- Illinois Environmental Protection Agency
- Useful for information on certain state licenses or permits you may need for your business regarding environmental safety.
- Secretary of State
- Useful for checking if there is already a business registered in Illinois with the same name that you wish to use for your business.
- Industry Associations: The Internet Public Library Associations on the Net
- A helpful research tool to use when starting a business and writing a business plan.
- Selling to the State of Illinois
- Provides information on how your business can contract with the state of Illinois to sell your products.
- Starting a Business in Illinois Handbook
- This all-encompassing handbook was written exclusively for the Illinois Entrepreneur. Key features include a feasibility and business plan outline, information for setting up a business, financial considerations, and plenty other useful tips.
- The Illinois CPA Society
- Helps you find a Certified Public Accountant for your personal and business financial needs.
- Workers Compensation
- Provides a basic explanation of the workers' compensation program, benefits, and procedures.
- Office of the Illinois Attorney General
- Provides franchising information.
- Madison County Government
- Obtain information on Madison County departments, officials, election information, local events, and demographics on this official county website.
- St. Clair County Government
- Obtain information on St. Clair County departments, officials, election information, local events, and demographics on this official county website. Also learn about county resources available to business owners.
- Madison County Employment and Training
- Useful for labor market information. Provides other customized services such as employment recruitment and career transition.
- Missouri Venture Forum
- Nonprofit organization that provides a platform for growth through networking, education and information exchange.
For Local Business Registration Information, please visit Get a Business License or Permit.
Expanding Your Business