Students take three electives from a list of approved courses that are maintained by the program director. Students may petition to add a course to the list of electives.
Students not having prior work experience in the information systems field will be required to complete a three-credit internship (CMIS 587) as one of their electives. For details, click CMIS 587 IS Internship.
Students interested in research and positioning for entry into a doctoral program are encouraged to see the MS CMIS Program Director for advice in selecting electives.
The list of current electives includes:
CMIS 430 Advanced Java Programming
CMIS 460 Advanced Visual Basic Programming
CMIS 462 UNIX and Server Systems
CMIS 472 End User Systems Development
* CMIS 535 Project Management Standard Processes
* CMIS 536 Procurement Management in Projects (1.5 credit hours)
* CMIS 537 Project Risk Management (1.5 credit hours)
* CMIS 548 Program and Project Portfolio Management
CMIS 563 SQL-PL/SQL
CMIS 565 Oracle Database Administration
CMIS 588 Seminar: SAP ABAP Programming
CMIS 588 Seminar: ERP Configuration
CMIS 588 Seminar: Information Security
CMIS 588 Seminar (other topics)
CMIS 597 Independent Study in CMIS
CMIS 587 Information Systems Internship
* MGMT 551 Managing Change and Innovation -OR- MGMT 553 Quality and Performance Management