The minimum requirements for admission to the graduate major in Computer Management and Information Systems are:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. The undergraduate major is typically in business, but individuals with other backgrounds who are interested in the program are also welcome. The MS CMIS program prerequisite courses are defined to provide the foundational elements needed by individuals entering the information systems field from other disciplines.
- An undergraduate grade point average of 2.5, or above.
- Submission of Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores.
- Submission of a statement detailing the applicant's background and career plans.
The admission process involves two stages: an administrative review of your admission packet, and a review by the CMIS Graduate Committee. Admission decisions will be made by the CMIS Graduate Committee on a "rolling" basis, whenever a complete admission packet is received. To gain admission, students must have at a minimum:
- An admission score of at least 1050, where admission score equals 200 times the four-year cumulative undergraduate grade point average (A=4.0) plus the GMAT score; and
- A GMAT score of at least 500 with raw scores of at least 20 in the verbal portion and 25 on the quantitative portion, and an analytical writing score of at least 4.0.
Admissions are often limited to the best students meeting the minimum admission standards due to the high demand for graduate technology courses.