"I have been extremely impressed by the quality of SIUE MMR graduates. Looking back over a fifteen year period, the program has consistently produced the caliber of individual that Maritz, and many of our clients' organizations, have placed in business leadership roles." - Michael Brereton, President Maritz Research Inc
The Master of Marketing Research (MMR) degree is designed to prepare individuals with diverse backgrounds for careers in marketing research and to meet the need of businesses, government, or nonprofit organizations for competent marketing research professionals.
Admission to the MMR program is highly selective and competitive. As a general rule, strong undergraduate performance (high grade point average), above average GMAT scores (including Verbal, Quantitative, and Analytical Writing components), and an intense interest in pursuing a career in marketing research are essential prerequisites for admission to the MMR program. Normally a minimum of 500 is preferable. Applicants who hold a PhD or equivalent in a recognized field from an accredited university need not submit a GMAT score. Applicants who do not meet these criteria are referred to the MMR Admissions and Retention Committee, which makes an admission recommendation to the program director. The decision of the program director is final. To give a better idea of the application decision, here is the aggregate profile of students who started in Fall 2012: Average GMAT is 580; Work Experience: 3.8 years;Average GPA: 3.5.
All application materials must be sent to
Rendleman Hall 1202,
Edwardsville, IL 62026
The deadlines listed below are for completed application files. Please be advised that SIUE MMR program has a rolling admission process and and also for due consideration of financial assistances, we encourage you to apply at the earliest.
Summer 2013- April 19, 2013
Fall 2013 - July 19, 2013
Fall 2013- June 1, 2013
Summer 2013- April 15, 2013
Fall 2013- July 15, 2013
Applicants to the MMR program should complete the following steps.
Checklist for Application
1. Online Application: http://www.siue.edu/apply/
2. Official GMAT Score: Go to http://www.mba.com to register for the exam and download practice test software. Official scores should be sent to the MMR program at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville using program code 3T9-CD-77.
3. Official Transcript: A n official transcript from the institution granting your baccalaureate degree must be submitted. We also request that transcripts from other institutions be submitted to be used in the review process
4. Application Fee: $30.00. This fee is non-refundable. Payment should be made in US dollars by check or money order payable to SIUE. Payment may also be made online by credit card at http://www.siue.edu/bursar/ . An additional convenience fee applies to web application payments.
5. Personal History Form (PHF): The PHF may be found by clicking http://www.siue.edu/business/mba/pdf/phf.pdf
6. Statement of Interest. Submit an essay articulating effectively the career goals as related to your interest in pursuing the program.
7. Three Letters of Recommendation: Applicants must submit three letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to the applicant's qualifications and likelihood of successful completion of degree requirements
8. Interview: A p ersonal or a phone interview with the program director, Dr. Ramana Madupalli. Please email him at email@example.com for scheduling an interview
Checklist for International Students
In addition to above requirements, international students must also provide the following:
9. English verification: An international applicant whose native language is not English is required to demonstrate proficiency in the English language. A minimum score of 550 (paper based) or 213 (computer based) or 80 (internet based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) taken within two years prior to the term for which admission is sought is required. (SIUE's institutional code is 1759, and the department code is 00). The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) results can also be used to satisfy our English language proficiency admission requirement. The minimum IELTS total band score required is 6.5. The English proficiency is waived for international students who have completed a baccalaureate degree in the United States. The English proficiency is also waived for applicants who, within five years of the proposed date of enrollment in the University, have graduated with an acceptable baccalaureate (or comparable) degree from a college or university in a country where English is the native language and at which English is the primary language of instruction. A waiver of the English proficiency requirement may also be granted to applicants who satisfactorily complete at least two academic years of full-time graduate study under the provisions described in this paragraph. Full-time graduate study is a minimum of 18 completed hours in a full academic year, with a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
10. International Student Visa Information Form: Be sure you answer all questions on the web application fully and provide details about your Visa status. Additional information may be found on the Prospective International Students Web Site http://www.siue.edu/prospectivestudents/international/index.shtml
11. Financial Verification . Southern Illinois University Edwardsville complies with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) regulations that govern the financial eligibility of international students. Under current regulations, international students must provide evidence of sufficient financial resources to support all their living and education expenses during their stay in the United States.
To receive financial approval for admission and a Form I-20 or DS-2019 (the forms necessary to get a student F or J visa), a student must submit a current notarized bank letter indicating in U.S. dollars that the applicant or sponsor has adequate funds immediately available. The student also must complete the Financial Form in the admission application. The University reserves the right to require tuition deposits, if deemed necessary. Additional information may be found on the Prospective International Students Web Site: http://www.siue.edu/prospectivestudents/international/index.shtml