U.S. Applicant | International Applicant
Application Information (International Applicant)
- Apply. Apply to SIUE onlin e or you may download the application. ($30 dollar non-refundable application fee required)
- Send all official institution transcripts to (recently admitted students average 3.2/4.0 grade point average):
SIUE Graduate & International Admissions, SIUE
P.O. Box 1047
Edwardsville, IL 62026-1047
- Register for the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and download the practice test software (students average 520). The program code to have the scores sent is 3T9-CD-79. Applicants who hold a PhD, MD, or the equivalent in a recognized field from an accredited university need not submit a GMAT score
- Submit a Personal History Form (PHF) to
Graduate & International Admissions, SIUE
P.O. Box 1047
Edwardsville, IL 62026-1047
At least two years of professional work experience is recommended for students entering the MBA program. Previous work in other graduate programs is also reviewed.
- English verification. Proficiency in the English language is required by any applicant whose native language is not English. A minimum score of 550 (paper based) or 213 (computer based) or 80 (internet based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) taken within two years prior to the term for which admission is sought is required. (SIUE's institutional code is 1759, and the department code is 00). The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) results can also be used to satisfy our English language proficiency admission requirement. The minimum IELTS total band score required is 6.5.
The English proficiency is waived for international students who have:
- completed a baccalaureate degree in the United States
- within five years of the proposed date of enrollment in the University, have graduated with an acceptable baccalaureate (or comparable) degree from a college or university in a country where English is the native language and at which English is the primary language of instruction
- satisfactorily completed at least two academic years of full-time graduate study. Full-time graduate study is a minimum of 18 completed hours in a full academic year, with a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
International Student Visa Information Form. Be sure you answer all questions on the web application fully and provide details about your Visa status. Additional information may be found on the Prospective International Students Web Site.
F inancial Verification Form. Southern Illinois University Edwardsville complies with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) regulations that govern the financial eligibility of international students. Under current regulations, international students must provide evidence of sufficient financial resources to support all their living and education expenses during their stay in the United States.
To receive financial approval for admission and a Form I-20 or DS-2019 (the forms necessary to get a student F or J visa), a student must submit a current notarized bank letter indicating in U.S. dollars that the applicant or sponsor has adequate funds immediately available. The student also must complete the Financial Form in the admission application. The University reserves the right to require tuition deposits, if deemed necessary. Additional information may be found on the Prospective International Students Web Site.
Unclassified Status. An applicant with an undergraduate grade point average of 2.8 or higher may enroll in a maximum of two classes for one term as an unclassified student prior to taking the GMAT. Students must file a separate application for unclassified status in addition to the classified (degree seeking) application. Students who are unclassified are ineligible for financial aid, assistantships, or scholarships.
Students denied admission may appeal by providing the MBA program director supporting reasons why an exception should be granted. The program director's decision regarding the appeal is final.
Fall: July 15
Spring: November 15
Summer: April 15