Phase 2 - Secondary Documents: Please complete as soon as possible after primary documents have been submitted
- Find out more about housing options at SIUE here.
- Exchange students who come to SIUE live at Cougar Village.
- Apply for Housing
- You must complete this after receiving your SIUE ID from our office
- Once you receive your SIUE ID number, you may create your e-ID
- To create your e-ID, please click here and choose "I want to get an e-ID"
- This will generate an e-ID for you and will provide you with a password
- After completing this form, you will be receiving a postcard in the mail that will be sent to the address you provided on your application. This postcard will give you instructions on how to verify your account (you may not receive this postcard within 14 days due to international mail).
- After you receive this postcard, you must verify your account
- With this e-ID, you may complete the housing application online. Please click here to complete the housing application online.
- For application purposes, the class status of undergraduate exchange students is "upper-class or transfer students"
Please note : The Bursar's office accepts Master Card, American Express, and Discover. VISA credit or debit cards are NOT accepted. If you don't have a Master Card, American Express, or Discover, please contact our office.
- This $300 (USD) consists of:
- $25 non-refundable application fee
- $75 damage deposit, returned to the student upon leaving SIUE, provided no damage has been done to the apartment
- $200 applied to the first month's rental charge
- Please Note: There is an additional charge per day for accommodations occupied before the start of the contract period. January 11, 2015, is the start of the spring contact. Students who arrive for Orientation before January 11, will be charged about $18-$36 per day, depending upon the type of room occupied.
- Students may enter the United States up to thirty days before the beginning of the term. The University is unable to provide housing accommodations, provide transportation upon arrival, or assist students who arrive before January 3, 2014, for the spring term. Our office is the only office that is able to handle these issues.
- Students leaving after the spring term must vacate the apartment by Friday, May 8, 2015, at noon. Students may stay in the United States up to thirty days after the term ends at their own expense, but not in University Housing.
- What is provided: The School of Business International Program has a very basic supply of kitchen utensils (for cooking and eating) that exchange students may borrow while at SIUE. We offer this so you do not need to pack or buy all of your own kitchen utensils. We also will give you a towel and blanket upon arrival for use while you're here.
- What you will supply: You should plan to bring or buy your own sheets, pillow, and any other household items needed during your stay. Affordable linens are available locally at Target or WalMart. It is not necessary to order special linens from Housing for your stay.
- The size of mattresses in Cougar Village is "Extra Long Twin" which averages 36"x 80" or 91.44x203.2 centimeters.