Shanghai Summer Program
The 5-week Shanghai Summer Program (SSP) is taught in English. This program offers an excellent introduction to contemporary China and to the essential aspects of doing business there. It also provides a firsthand initiation into the essential aspects of doing business in China and its interaction with other important regions in the world.
The Shanghai Summer Program will take place June 16 to July 27, 2014.
- Six credit hours can be earned though this program.
How to Apply:
Requirements to Study Abroad
Study Abroad Checklist
Cost and Financial Considerations
Preparing to Go Abroad
Basic Pre-Departure Information:
- Apply for a passport at Circuit Court Clerk at the Madison County Courthouse immediately after applying to the school. The address of the courthouse is 155 North Main Street Suite 120, Edwardsville, IL. You will need a valid drivers license, $97 check or cash, and a passport photo (available at CVS: 124 S. Buchanan St., Edwardsville, IL). Also, you can apply for a passport through the US Postal Service.
- Purchase CISI
- Apply for financial aid: Click here for more information.
- Shop for airline tickets: Expedia, Student Universe, STA Travel
- Purchase phone card: Click here for more information.
- Register at the Department of State: Click here for more information.
- Leave a copy of your passport with the SIUE Office of International Programs.
Packing and Travel Tips